Did you know that having a strong core can help improve your balance and stability? Not only that, but a strong core allows your body to maximize the strength in your arms and legs, too?
– My name is Ernanda Bendtsen and today, I’ll be taking you through my top 5 ab exercises to help strengthen that core, improve your posture, and sculpt those ab muscles that we are all after!
– Let’s get right to it!
– These are what I like to call “Plank Leg Raises”, which is a slight variation on your standard plank exercise.
o Start in a plank position, keeping a flat black and tight abs.
o Raise one of your legs up and hold for 10-15 seconds, then switch legs.
o Repeat these Plank Leg Raises for a total of 20 reps.
o Repeat this exercise for another 2-3 rounds.
– Let’s now move on to another one of my go-to ab exercises, “Flutter Kicks”.
o Lay flat on the floor with your hands down to your sides. You can place your hands under your butt for extra lower back support if needed.
o Raise your legs a little less than 45 degrees off the ground, and your head up slightly while contracting your abs.
o Begin to kick your legs slightly up and down quickly in a “flutter” type of motion.
o Try to continue this movement for 20-30 seconds before resting. Then repeat for 3-4 more rounds.
– The next ab exercise I’ll be showing you today are “Swiss Ball Roll-Outs”.
o Starting on your knees directly in front of a large swiss ball, keep your core tight and slowly lean forward while pushing the ball out.
o You should now be fully extended out, middle of your arms straight in front of you on the ball.
o Using your abs, contract them and roll the ball back in while maintaining a flat back.
o Repeat for 10-12 reps!
– It’s time for “Knee-Up Crunches”! This one will definitely make you feel the burn!
o Sit comfortably at the end of a bench, reach behind you and place your hands on the bench for support and balance.
o Contract your abs and bring your knees up, then slowly release them back out, keeping your knees slightly bent and the movement slow and controlled.
o Repeat for 15-20 reps before starting your next set!
– The last ab exercise we’re going to cover today seems pretty simple…but I promise you it’s effective! This is the “Standing Core Stabilization” exercise.
o Grab a medicine ball, plate, or dumbbell, and start by standing straight up, feet about shoulder width apart.
o Keeping your arms fairly straight, bring your weight up to chest level with both hands.
o Slowly rotate just your core to the right, bring it back to the center, then rotate to the left.
o As a bonus, you get a nice little shoulder workout as well!
o Repeat for a total of 20 rotations, then keep it going for another 2 to 3 more sets.
Thank you so much for watching my Top 5 Ab Workouts! I hope you picked up on a few new exercises that you can add into your ab sculpting routine!
PLEASE NOTE: All VIEWERS are advised to consult their physician before beginning any exercise and nutrition program. BPI and the contributors do not accept any responsibility for injury sustained as a result of following the advice or suggestions contained within the content of this VIDEO.
To learn more about BPI Sports visit us at:
Ernanda Bendtsen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bodybyernanda/
|Category||: ABS AND CORE EXERCISES|